Followers

Thursday 8 August 2013

Page 3 in the Daily Record

Earlier this year I posted a report on meeting a very old friend while on vacation in the States.

http://jim-duncan.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/meeting-old-friend.html

One of the things Ed brought up in conversation was along the line of 'do you remember doing...'

I certainly did remember and I said I wish I had a copy of the picture concerned. Ed said no problem, my mother has a copy somewhere.

Ed has sent me a scan. Thanks Ed!!

I'll let the picture speak for itself, please feel free to comment.


10 comments:

  1. Jim,

    What an interesting piece of ephemera!

    All the best,

    Bob

    PS. When did you 'lose' the 'tash?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'tash' only left the building a few years ago as it had developed a variety of colours including grey and blonde and I decided it had to go.

    It had been partnered on many occasions over the decades with a full beard which came and went with the winter weather.

    It's interesting to note that Ed now has a 'tash'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the game was more fun than is implied by your expression!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was no fun at all. The day was purely a PR exercise to keep the military modellers happy. Meeting Colonel Mitchell was definitely a bonus though!

      Delete
  4. Wrg 3rd edition in use or what in the picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been Slims Ancients Rules, the ones I still use.

      Delete
  5. Wow! hope that I end up in an old pic on the forum one day :O)

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bigger chance now than then , this was long before digital days.

    ReplyDelete