Followers

Saturday 9 November 2013

Iain Holt RIP 1955-2013

Apologies to anyone expecting a post about Crisis and whatever else.

My wargaming life has been brought to a sudden halt by the death of my best friend Iain Holt, my wargaming partner and lifelong buddy. I am deeply saddened at his passing and my priorities for the time being are to pay the appropriate level of respect to a favourite fellow of mine.

Wargaming, like football, can be more important than life or death but in this case it will take a back seat while I ensure that my best friend sets off on the next part of his journey through time and space in the best manner because that is exactly what he deserves.

RIP Iain Holt 1955-2013

11 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear your bad news our thoughts are with you all .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sorry to read that Jim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sorry to hear that, always sad to lose a friend, especially a good friend of long standing, even more so when so young (same age as me it seems). By all means honour him, mourn him and celebrate his life. May we all someone to do that for us when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very sorry to read about the death of your friend. Please pass on my condolences to his family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your loss. It is tough to loose a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and to his family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and to his family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My condolences on your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks to all of you who have commented above.

    I take all your supportive statements to heart and I will direct their sentiments towards Iains family and friends of which I am but one.

    I have met up with Iains father and we are working towards a positive remembrance service to celebrate his purposeful life and would hope to be joined on the day by his many friends, wargamers, colleagues and neighbours alike.

    I thank you all.


    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jim. A year later and I still find it hard to believe that Iain has gone. Gaming with you two throughout the 90s are among some of my fondest memories and I think about you both often. And will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A year it has been and like Edinburgh trams another one will be along soon enough. Losing Iain certainly stopped me in my tracks. I've not played a game for a year but I have continued to paint and I have raised buckets of glod (in-house joke) in Iains name in a series of charitable endeavours.

      Send me a PM as I have a box of things that you might like. :)

      Delete