Followers

Sunday 8 November 2015

Warlord Games Hanoverians

I started this unit of Warlord Games Hanoverians months ago as part of a commission for a friend who can't paint for peanuts. I have only just completed them, regular readers will know why.


My earlier post gives more details:

http://jim-duncan.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/warlord-games-hanoverians.html


There are 6 metal figures and 30 plastic rankers in the box and I add another 4 rankers from a freebie sprue. This gives a 40 figure unit, a whole regiment if you like which in rules like Black Powder can be a large unit or split into two as two standard sized units.


I have heavily shaded this unit using Army Painter Soft Tone ink. This covers many little painting boo-boo's. I like that!



10 comments:

  1. Very nice Jim, one day I will get my Napoleonics back on track

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case I am disposing of my 28mm Napoleonics as I don't think I will be doing that period in that scale again.

      I am doing Napoleonics in 10mm which I will blog about in due course.

      I'm fairly sure, almost definite, I have an 1812 Russian and French pair of armies, largely un-painted, in 15mm in the lead pile somewhere.

      And, I'm starting to like 6mm a lot as well.

      Delete
  2. Nice work, Jim. Lots of squinting and patience displayed here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay

      I don't recall 'squinting' too much but I certainly used a bucket load of patience.

      Delete
  3. I think they look great - I like the red tone of the jackets - they look lived in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jim,

    Very nice indeed! I certainly agree with wollshedwargamer - the red has that pleasing lived in look.

    All the best

    DC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red in this case is made up from a basecoat of Foundry Black Shade 34A, drybrush of Citadel Ceramite White, a thinned top coat of Citadel Evil Sunz Scarlet, a wash of Army Painter Soft Tone ink and a varnish coat of Galeria Matt Acrylic Varnish.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Sadly heading for anothers war cabinet.

      Fortunately I have plenty more to do.

      Delete