Followers

Friday 14 July 2017

A Norman For Me

In my previous post I highlighted some Norman Knights that I purchased from Conquest Games.

http://jim-duncan.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/summer-update.html

I painted up half a dozen of them to see how they would turn out.


They don't look too bad.


Am not too impressed by the limited horse poses but they are what they are.


There are not enough kite shields to equip all the riders.


Plastic weapons are usually a bit fragile but these ones seem to have survived a few scares.


Not all the riders are clad in mail but my fun skirmish rules will not be too bothered by that.


What do you think guys?


Answers on a postcard, well you know what I mean.






10 comments:

  1. Looking good!
    (that should fit on a postcard)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should do although I can't remember the last time I saw a postcard.

      Delete
  2. Nice job, sir: both in the figure painting and the variegated position of the bases elements. I've been told that"variety is the spice of life."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

      Delete
  3. Very nice Jim. I thought that the casualty figure that came with this set was rather splendid, are you going to use him as a marker?

    Also from memory, on the sprue the horses heads being separate, looked like they might leave an obvious joint, but I am pleased to see that they don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to use these figures in a fun skirmish type game so yes there may be a role for a casualty figure.

      I used a copious amount of plastic cement on the horses neck and that seems to have hidden the neck join well enough.

      Delete
  4. I do like the painted article!

    My first thought on checking back and seeing sprue after sprue was to shudder at the thought of all the work but then I remembered that I actually enjoy doing that....

    ReplyDelete