Followers

Saturday 10 January 2015

25mm Elephants

A recent posting on TMP about 25mm elephants prompted me to drag mine out of my lead pile.

First up is a Minifigs offering complete with scratch built trunk.


I have posted about this model earlier.

http://jim-duncan.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/trunk-call.html

http://jim-duncan.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/trunk-call-connected.html

Next up is from an unknown manufacturer. Now known to be Garrison.


I understand that this one is from Garrison.


No idea on this one either, note no howdah.


And finally Hinchcliffe.


Here is the entire herd, one day I hope to finish them.



16 comments:

  1. A fine collection. I think the unknown nellie in the second picture is Garrison as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice collection. And a great scratched built trunk on no.1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to get it (them) painted up, crewed and into battle this year.

      Delete
  3. An elephantine collection if ever I saw one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Garrison - strangely included it on the blog today so I've put the picture on the TMP post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one without the Howdah could be QT but I am not totally sure - a fine collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a company I am familiar with.

      Delete
    2. QT were great, and well ahead of their time(mid 1980's?). They sold all their figures with separate heads shields and weapons, which you could buy individually as well. Really useful for converting or building fantasy troops.

      Delete
    3. QT are one of the ranges Paul Ashton of Amazon Miniatures (who I bought Garrison off) owned. As far ar I am aware he still owns the range but it's long out of production and Paul himself is very difficult to get hold of - he will suddenly reappear for a few days then vanish again.

      Delete
    4. Fortunately I have 9 elephants already so that should be enough for the time being.

      Delete
  6. Nice, very nice collection!

    ReplyDelete